TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Discounts and Incentives
We offer the following discount scheme:
- £25 plus VAT discount on your first invoice on any matter started within 12 months of your last matter closing.
Discount Scheme Terms and Conditions
- All discounts apply only to private funded work. Matters funded by any Legal Aid scheme, through a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), Contingency Fee Agreement, Legal Expenses Insurance, After the Event Insurance, Fixed Fee Conference or payable by a third party under the terms of a Compromise Agreement are excluded.
- One off advice appointments payable at an agreed fixed fee and any free conferences are excluded from the discounts referred to.
- All discount vouchers are non-transferable and no copies of any kind will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to remove any discount applied to an account, the balance for which is not paid in full within 28 days of issue, and to withdraw or vary any/all of the Discount Schemes at any time and without prior notice.
No Win No Fee Agreements
The Sparlings No Win no Fee Promise does not affect pre-existing Conditional Fee Agreements entered into before 1 April 2013 and is only offered in respect of any Conditional Fee Agreements entered into on or after 1 April 2013.
No obligation initial conference with Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited
- All no obligation initial consultations with a fully-qualified Financial Adviser from Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited are subject to availability and may take place (subject to notice) at any of our Colchester, Frinton or Manningtree offices or, if more convenient, at Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited's offices located at 820 The Crescent, Colchester Business Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 9YQ.
- Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited may at their discretion agree alternatively to visit you at your home for the purpose of a free, no obligation consultation.
- Sparlings Solicitors will not be liable:
- For any costs, charges, commission or any other charges howsoever incurred by you with Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited or any other part of the Scrutton Bland Group, after the no obligation initial conference, and as part of any ongoing terms of business agreed between you and Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited or any other part of the Scrutton Bland Group.
- For the accuracy of any advice given by Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited or any other part of the Scrutton Bland Group to you in the no obligation initial conference or for any losses occasioned as a result of reliance upon any advice given to you by Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited or any other part of the Scrutton Bland Group, either at the initial conference or subsequently.
- For any losses howsoever caused, occasioned by or related to, being able to offer you a no obligation initial conference with an Adviser from Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited or any other part of the Scrutton Bland Group.
- Sparlings Solicitors is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to give financial advice but in accordance with the Solicitors' Financial Services (Conduct of Business) Rules 2001 we advise that:-
- If while acting for you advice is needed on investments or mortgages we may have to refer you to someone who is authorised to provide the necessary advice. We may provide certain limited investment advice services where these are closely linked to the legal work we are doing for you. This is because we are members of the Law Society of England and Wales which is a designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We refer clients who require financial advice outside the scope of this limited exemption to a firm of independent financial advisers.
- We are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we may carry on insurance and mediation activity which is broadly the advising on selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong is also regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Services website at www.fca.org.uk/register
- Sparlings Solicitors has entered into a Marketing Agreement with Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited for which Sparlings Solicitors receives a fixed marketing fee during the lifetime of the Marketing Agreement to compensate us for the time and effort which our participation in this agreement involves. The Marketing Agreement, to include the fee paid to Sparlings Solicitors, is reviewed annually.
- Any clients of Scrutton Bland Financial Services Limited are protected by the statutory provisions and protections afforded by the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Scheme rather than those of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to:
3 West Stockwell Street,
or call us on 01206 733733.
General disclaimer of liability for content
Sparling Benham & Brough is providing this site on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Sparling Benham & Brough makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Sparling Benham & Brough howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither Sparling Benham & Brough nor any of its partners, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations above are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer or any other statutory rights which may not be excluded.
Nothing on this site represents or purports to represent any constituent any professional advice (legal or otherwise) and is for general information purposes only.
Events beyond our control
We shall not be liable to you for any failure to provide or delay in providing our services through our website including but not limited to any claim becoming statute barred by limitation, resulting from any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, breakdown of systems or network access, breakdown of the website host, fire, explosion or accident.
Intellectual property disclaimer
All trademarks, brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, brand names, product names or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Sparling Benham & Brough in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to them or their formation) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and, for these purposes, the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.